Off Road Ride Feeler

Post Reply
strat
Domestique
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by strat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Next weekend (10/19-10/20) looks to be pretty quiet for CX other than Pumpkin Cross on Sat (not ruling it out).

Is there any interest in a group off-road ride on the Sunday (10/20) maybe? Like 3-4 hours of endurance/tempo-ish pace?

Other folks will know many more trails than me but there's the one in Bolton (Rt 117 start) that takes in Rattlesnake, ???, Bowers Springs & Vaughn Hills. It includes a tiny bit of asphalt. Other suggestions welcomed!

Disclaimer - if we do the above mentioned route I can't promise I won't get lost and need to stop to navigate!

strat
Domestique
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by strat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Oh...post ride refreshments could be had at Slater's down the street

User avatar
rusto
Maillot Jaune
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Maynard
Contact:

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by rusto » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:56 pm

That trail system you are proposing to start the ride at (and includes Rattlesnake) goes by a number of names, among them "Bolton Lime Quarry and Kiln" but most people just refer to it as "The Kiln".

I could be up for this!
- Russ, MRC webmaster

#DONTRIDETHATRUSS

User avatar
JeremyC
Tête de la course
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Stow, MA

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by JeremyC » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:02 pm

rusto wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:56 pm
That trail system you are proposing to start the ride at (and includes Rattlesnake) goes by a number of names, among them "Bolton Lime Quarry and Kiln" but most people just refer to it as "The Kiln".

I could be up for this!
I know every rock in the Kiln. Yes it would be a great ride and would be happy to lead.

User avatar
rusto
Maillot Jaune
Posts: 2450
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:51 pm
Location: Maynard
Contact:

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by rusto » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:23 pm

My shins, elbows, and shoulders know every rock. 😜
- Russ, MRC webmaster

#DONTRIDETHATRUSS

User avatar
jraguin
Tête de la course
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: Acton, MA

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by jraguin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:20 pm

I am a maybe due to family stuff, but I may be in. Would like to spend more time in the Kiln in general so this is great.

User avatar
michaelcole
Tête de la course
Posts: 1840
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: Hopkinton. Hanging out with my boys.

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by michaelcole » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:00 am

Lurking...
I love the kiln.

strat
Domestique
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by strat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:34 am

JeremyC wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:02 pm
rusto wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:56 pm
That trail system you are proposing to start the ride at (and includes Rattlesnake) goes by a number of names, among them "Bolton Lime Quarry and Kiln" but most people just refer to it as "The Kiln".

I could be up for this!
I know every rock in the Kiln. Yes it would be a great ride and would be happy to lead.
Thank's Cratty...might've ended up out of state if I led!

strat
Domestique
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:44 am

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by strat » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:42 am

Parking is pretty limited in the Rt 117 lot so we'll need to look out for this. Think you could get about 8 cars there if all neat and tidy but that's not always the case! I'll probably ride there as I'm about 3 miles away. There's also the plaza up by 495 which is about a mile away if we need it.

User avatar
michaelcole
Tête de la course
Posts: 1840
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: Hopkinton. Hanging out with my boys.

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by michaelcole » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:27 am

if theres a big group, you should park at the end of old sugar rd

User avatar
JeremyC
Tête de la course
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Stow, MA

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by JeremyC » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm

I live close by, we've done some great rides from my house, through delaney to the Kiln and Harvard.

User avatar
JeremyC
Tête de la course
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Stow, MA

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by JeremyC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Ian let's push for this saturday Am.

Briana
Peloton
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:23 am
Location: Ashland, MA

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by Briana » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:26 pm

JeremyC wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm
I live close by, we've done some great rides from my house, through delaney to the Kiln and Harvard.
I've heard about these rides. The rumors flying around at the KT weekend were someone was dropped before you even left the driveway :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
Brian Anderson

User avatar
JeremyC
Tête de la course
Posts: 1845
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Stow, MA

Re: Off Road Ride Feeler

Post by JeremyC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Briana wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:26 pm
JeremyC wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm
I live close by, we've done some great rides from my house, through delaney to the Kiln and Harvard.
I've heard about these rides. The rumors flying around at the KT weekend were someone was dropped before you even left the driveway :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
Yes but he was a triathlete

Post Reply