Lions Sprint - Landry's Challenge

Moderators: KTeves, djming

teamkimball
Chasseur

Lions Sprint - Landry's Challenge

Post by teamkimball »

Team
Who is up for a race next weekend? The Landry's team has challenged us. We did the Lions Sprint last year and one the 1st annual Landry's Challenge. We have come up with what we think will be a fair handicap and are going to put the Landry's / MRC trophy on the line. Who is up for the race? If you are interested please respond back so we plan the handicap. This was fun last year and it was a great way for many of us to kick off the season.

Firm Lions Sprint
Race Date: 5/18/2008 Location:
Wayside Racquet & Swim Club, Pool Swim
80 Broadmeadow Rd., Marlboro, MA Distance:
Swim 250 Yards Bike 9.3 Miles Run 3.2 Miles
Steve Wright
Domestique

Re: Lions Sprint - Landry's Challenge

Post by Steve Wright »

I may be in. I'm a little tired from sudbury today and have bike races on wednesday and saturday but we will see. I'll probably decide last minute on saturday night.
You don't need to see the entire staircase.
teamkimball
Chasseur

Post by teamkimball »

How did Sudbury go?
michaelcole
Tête de la course

Post by michaelcole »

Whatcha doin on Wednesday?
irusk
Chasseur

Post by irusk »

I volunteered at Sudbury, which was fun. Looked like Steve got fifth overall, but the results were still preliminary. Joe Stoopack had a decent race, too. He looked strong on the run. I saw a couple other MRC folks there too (Stu and Robert were there too, didn;t catch times).

It was pretty cool to watch Jarrod Shoemaker (who'll be one of three on the US olympic team in Beijing) race. He was passed out of transition by Ethan Brown, who stayed ahead on the bike and started the run about 100 yards ahead of Shoemaker. By the time they came back to the park, Shoemaker had caught him, but was only 12 seconds or so ahead (they started the swim at 15 second intervals or so). It look like Brown was going to beat him. They finished one second apart, with Shoemaker taking 1st. Wow!
"There is no charge for awesomeness" - Po
Steve Wright
Domestique

Post by Steve Wright »

My race went pretty well. I finished 5th overall behind Jarrod, Ethan, Jesse Kropelnicki, and Alicia (Jarrod's Wife). I was very dissappointed coming out of the swim with my swim split and thought i was looking at a dreadful race. But i had a great bike split with the 4th fastest split on the day and a decent run split putting me in 5th. My bike split was 9 seconds slower than jarrod's, bummed i didn't beat him and get some bragging rights. I did, however, beat my friend Jake (Jarrod's younger brother) for the first time in my life and am pumped. I've been trying to get him for 2 years now and i finally did it. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with him again some time. I dropped a minute 30 from last year and I'm happy with my race but i have a ways to go. I need to get Jesse by Timberman. But its early, i'm happy.

Michael,
I'm racing New England Prep School Championships on wednesday in Bristol, NH.
You don't need to see the entire staircase.
teamkimball
Chasseur

Post by teamkimball »

So far we have the following people racing for our 2nd annual Landry's Challenge.

Steve Kimball
Mark DeMello
Robert Klinkhammer
Ted MacMahon
Patty Dalconzo
Rebecca Hanson
Steve Write
Dan Corbrero
Welling Lagrone
Tim Glickman
Mike McCombs

We may have a couple other but it looks like we have a pretty good group. This will be fun.

Steve
irusk
Chasseur

Post by irusk »

so how'd we do?
"There is no charge for awesomeness" - Po
teamkimball
Chasseur

Post by teamkimball »

Team
OK, good news / bad news. Below are the prelim results from the race. Hopefully I got them all correct. Please note a bunch of our new members, Patty, Mike, Rebecca, Welling and Michael ( New 16 year old) all got Hardware. As a team we got more HW than any other group there. The bad news is Team Landry's improved a lot over last year and edged us out for the challenge. We used a model similar to the scoring in the regional championship but we added a little twist where we multiplied the points by the ratio of our total membership and our total racers. This little twist was just enough to get edged out. What is really impressive is last year they on ly made podium once and this year they got around 6 podium spots.

Congrat to all racers.

Patty Dalconzo 2nd Women overall - 1st Age group
Mark DeMello 1st Age Group
Jen Goff 1st Age Group
Tim Glickman 1st Age Group
Steve Kimball 1st Age Group - 3rd overall
Michael Greenfield 1st Age Group ( New Member 16 years old
Mike McCombs 2nd Age group
Rebecca Hanson 2nd Age group
Craig Donnolly 3rd Age Group
Welling Lagrone 3rd Age Group
Dan Corbrero