Gloucester Grind

Race reports
taudep
Chasseur

Gloucester Grind

Post by taudep »

I've posted up my un-race report for the Gloucester Grind up at Double Hop. Go forth and waste away Monday Morning.

There's a few pictures.

It was good to see so many MRCrs at a mountain bike race on such a perfect day.
I'm 20PoundSkull at cyclowhat.com.
michael todisco
Chasseur

Re: Gloucester Grind

Post by michael todisco »

Good photos.... Wish I could have been there, soon, very soon... I like the EFTA technical courses. However, there is good race coming up this weekend, it's the NORBA Root 66, Winsted Woods. I have done this course before and its a hoot, very fast finish, some longer climbs, not super technical, but challenging at times. EFTA has the Weeping Willow this coming weekend as well, it's a new venue.
"Disco Inferno"
pace21
Maillot Jaune

Re: Gloucester Grind

Post by pace21 »

Actually Todd, you got it wrong... That photo was actually me catching and passing Kevin Hines. He started with the Elites about 10 minutes before me so it took at least half a lap for me to make the pass ;)

Obviously I'm just kidding, but it's a funny photo since I have vivid memories of reading issues of Dirt Bike magazine back in the 80's, praying for the day my parents would let me get my first dirt bike. Many of the articles were chronicling Kevin Hines and his quest to become the 1987 AMA National Enduro Champion (he did it). I never would have guessed that 23 years later he would be kicking my butt in a mountain bike race in Rhode Island...

As for my race, I was actually quite happy with the result. I managed a 6th place out of 20 in my class in my first mountain bike race since October, 2000. I forgot how much fun mountain bike racing is...

Chris