Wayne Elliot

Race reports
BTurner
Chasseur

Wayne Elliot

Post by BTurner »

Made it over to Amesbury for the 2nd annual and met up with Rich P. in the parking lot. Rich was able to get out and recon prior to the race and report back that the course is in dire need of Obama funds. The neutral start out to rt110 was a good idea. Taking a sharp right onto rt110 to start racing in front of a funeral home, with funeral in progress, maybe not a great idea. Once the race started, Rich tried to launch himself away from the cat 4 riders and sketchy roads but could not make it stick. So it went for 5 laps. Plenty of flats and even a broken wheel or two. This course makes Sterling look like a baby's bottom. With no one away the field almost came to a standstill at the end of the last lap. I was in no position to do anything. Rich had the right idea and found a line out of stalled group to attack. He took three guys with him. Once the peleton caught the rear guy and Rich the third took another flyer and stuck it for the win. I am happy to come out of that race alive, no flats and a field finish.
RPerson
Chasseur

Re: Wayne Elliot

Post by RPerson »

Bill pretty much summed it up... I (over)worked my arse off to make something happened, made exactly the right move at exactly the right time, and then had another guy make it even better. I tried to go with him, but was just too gone. It was a nice treat to have pretty much everyone in the race handle the potholes well... way below average amount of sketchiness for the cat 4 crowd.
Cheer of the 2008 season: "Don't suck!"
http://idonotplayhoops.blogspot.com