Saturday 8:45am long ride

Moderators: KTeves, djming

dantelman
Peloton

Re: Saturday 8:45am long ride

Post by dantelman »

Sorry to hear that Ron. Could tell you were definitely in serious pain. Heal up quickly.
Doug

hjron wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:45 am tough day for me. Felt like a very heavy crash.

Broken collarbone and crushed helmet. Hope to be back on the bike soon.

Thanks for all the help getting me off the road!
Hup Hup
hjron
Autobus

Post by hjron »

thanks for positive thoughts! the first few days were a bummer. surgery last night and I’m feeling so much better today.
BikeRider
Peloton

Post by BikeRider »

Glad to hear things went well and that you are in better spirits. Broken bones heal up pretty fast and I am sure you will be back on the trainer (at least) within a few weeks.
Bike Rider
pace21
Maillot Jaune

Post by pace21 »

I think you’ll be happy you got the surgery as it will speed the process along. Hope it all goes well...
hjron
Autobus

Post by hjron »

pace21 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:48 am I think you’ll be happy you got the surgery as it will speed the process along. Hope it all goes well...
Thanks for the advice; Shona told me you mentioned that on Sunday (thanks also for car-sitting). Nice avatar/ icon 😀
chrismitchell
Domestique

Post by chrismitchell »

hjron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:07 am
pace21 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:48 am I think you’ll be happy you got the surgery as it will speed the process along. Hope it all goes well...
Thanks for the advice; Shona told me you mentioned that on Sunday (thanks also for car-sitting). Nice avatar/ icon 😀
Hey Ron, glad to hear you're feeling better! How many screws did they put in? I broke my collarbone a couple years back and got the surgery. I was back riding my mountain bike at 6 and a half weeks (without pain). Hopefully it's even less for you to get back on the road!
hjron
Autobus

Post by hjron »

chrismitchell wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:13 am
Hey Ron, glad to hear you're feeling better! How many screws did they put in? I broke my collarbone a couple years back and got the surgery. I was back riding my mountain bike at 6 and a half weeks (without pain). Hopefully it's even less for you to get back on the road!
That recovery is awesome!

My break was displaced so much they gave a 10% chance of not healing correctly and a high probability that one of the ends would break through the skin.

Not sure how many screws but I seem to remember seeing an x-ray before leaving last night and the plate was about the same length as the clavicle.