Cabot Ride the Ridges - Cabot, VT

ridetheridges
Voiture Balai

Cabot Ride the Ridges - Cabot, VT

Post by ridetheridges » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 am

I am one of the volunteer race organizers for our "Cabot Ride the Ridges" ride in beautiful Cabot, VT. This year we are holding our 6th annual event, but sadly we have had difficulty getting the word out about our ride. We truly have a fantastic ride (I have personally ridden a number of Gravel Grinders in VT, and I sincerely think we have more to offer than most). We offer 4 different distances to ride, including a 100K (over 7500ft of elevation gain), 60K (over 3500 ft of elevation gain), 30K, and a family-friendly 10K. We have a number of aid stations along the way, provide every rider with a cue sheet, and put up lots of signage for the respective rides. We have wonderful local cheeses, maple syrup energy shots (on route), cider donuts (breakfast), freshly picked local apples, and wood-fired pizza at the end of the rider's rides, as well as much, much more. Our ride costs a paltry $20 - $40 per person to ride, and all proceeds support our local Cabot Mentoring Program.

For some pictures, please visit our website at www.ridetheridges.net, our FaceBook page, or a blog held on ridinggravel.com - registration is through bikereg.com

dantelman
Peloton

Re: Cabot Ride the Ridges - Cabot, VT

Post by dantelman » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:49 am

Looks like a nice event... a lot of the guys that do gravel grinders also race CX... so any grinders in the fall are going to be competing with CX races, which are pretty much every weekend. Sept 9 is the Quad Cross, which many consider the official kickoff of CX season.
Hup Hup

KTeves
Tête de la course

Re: Cabot Ride the Ridges - Cabot, VT

Post by KTeves » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:38 pm

I was interested until news of it conflicting with Quad CX.
KT