2018 Jam Fund Grand Fundo- CX version July 14

dantelman
Peloton

2018 Jam Fund Grand Fundo- CX version July 14

Post by dantelman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:31 am

For anyone interested: They list the CX ride as 65 miles 5k+ ft climbing. Recommended 35c+ knobby tires.
The regular Grand Fondo is similar distance, but only 20 miles of dirt roads.
http://www.jamcycling.org/jam-grand-fundo/

For 2018, the JAM Fund is excited to continue our evolution of gravel adventuring in Western Massachusetts! We're adding a new, challenging "CX adventure" loop for participants looking to dust off their CX bikes in July. The idea is to create a version of our Grand Fundo that most closely resembles what the JAM riders do on any given weekend. Make no bones about it, this loop is hard! There will be a healthy mix of technical road, dirt and MTB-like sections, but that will make the rest stop food and scenic views that much better.

Note: The Adventure is for riders who have prepared extensively for a lot of steep climbs, dirt, technical descents and long days on the bike. We’ve been playing around on this loop and it should take about five hours. It’s a very challenging ride, but there are spots where you can bail out onto the FUNdo loop and get yourself back to the vineyard at a reasonable hour. Adventure riders should use 35C tires and pack spare equipment as our SRAM support vehicles will not be able to pass some of the roads you'll be conquering.
Hup Hup

KTeves
Tête de la course

Re: 2018 Jam Fund Grand Fundo- CX version July 14

Post by KTeves » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:15 pm

I've been meaning to post up to see who's interested in the JAM Fundo and the NEBRA Adventure Ride. I'm hoping we can get a good group on these rides as we did on the KTotQ.

From the sounds of the new CX loop I think I'll stick with the Grand Fundo. Anyone else?
KT

dantelman
Peloton

Re: 2018 Jam Fund Grand Fundo- CX version July 14

Post by dantelman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:26 am

I am doing the standard Gran Fundo (i.e. road bike), the CX version sounds like a bit much. I will likely do NEBRA, because I don't want to pay $200 to ride D2R2. It looks like Patrick registered for the CX ride on the 14th
Hup Hup