WNR Race Simultation! 7/29 5:30

Moderators: KTeves, djming

JeremyC
Maillot Jaune

Re: WNR Race Simultation! 7/29 5:30

Post by JeremyC »

Breaking news, Jason Tinkof missed his junior rollout and has been disqualified. Cactus failed a drug test. AJ was disqualified for not staying for a beer after. Winslow and the green team are the official winners.
remad
Peloton

Post by remad »

JeremyC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 am Breaking news, Jason Tinkof missed his junior rollout and has been disqualified. Cactus failed a drug test. AJ was disqualified for not staying for a beer after. Winslow and the green team are the official winners.
:lol: You are missing a couple disqualifications.
Last edited by remad on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Briana
Chasseur

Post by Briana »

JeremyC wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:18 am Breaking news, Jason Tinkof missed his junior rollout and has been disqualified. Cactus failed a drug test. AJ was disqualified for not staying for a beer after. Winslow and the green team are the official winners.
FAKE NEWS!
Brian Anderson
jraguin
Tête de la course

Post by jraguin »

Do we get a race report?
remad
Peloton

Post by remad »

Things went well. Definitely a do-again IMO. One thing to worry about is the right turn onto Linden speed, I looked left for oncoming cars, but it is easy to forget that we are "racing" on open roads.
The flatter course and having 4 teams made the race much more dynamic than the ones we have done on the KHMRR loop.

We split up into teams and put a little tape on the back of our helmets to help us keep track.

Brown: Rees, Ben K, JDZ
Green: Cratty, Busick, Winslow
White: Pare, Brian Anderson, Jason T, Christo T
Red: AJ, Cactus, Boos, Mark D

Starting the first lap Mark D went off the front and dangled by himself for a minute or two. He was joined by people from every team except mine, I do not know who all was there, but Ben and I did a little work to bring the group back.
Starting the second lap, I jump off the front and I am joined by Jason and AJ, we stay away for almost a lap, were things come back together. I didn't really have a good game plan and I sandbagged the break, so I jumped off the front again (hoping Pare would go with me) I ended up solo for half a lap, joined by Busick, and then again by AJ and Jason.
I again sandbagged, as I was hoping that Ben would have a chance to attack after my group got caught. Though I didn't do the best job explaining this to Ben and it didn't make any real sense. If we do this again, I am not going to intentionally sabotage/sandbag the break!
(Sorry AJ and Jason, what I was doing made no sense.)

At 1.5 to go, everything is back together. Cactus rolls off the front, followed shortly by Ben! Entering the last lap, Pare launches Jason up to the front group, making it. Jason, Cactus and Ben. I bridge up/get partially launched by Pare as well.

It is now 2 browns, a white and a red in the front group with about a mile to go. Browns should be able to win, right? Nope, we finish:
1) Jason
2) Cactus
3) Rees
4) Ben

Trying to communicate in the last mile of the race didn't work well and I basically led Jason and Cactus out for the sprint finish.

Great fun.
I am sure I got a couple things wrong here (Race Brain). Others can feel in the gaps.