Zwift vFMR Richmod 12/8/2017

Moderators: KTeves, djming

cbusick
Tête de la course

Zwift vFMR Richmod 12/8/2017

Post by cbusick »

https://zwift.com/events/view/32126

Should take about 1 hour.
4 Forward Laps of the Richmond Hilly Course. That's 5.7 miles/loop.

For the first 3 laps there will be a base pace to keep the group together, and a minimum pace on the hills (Libby, 23rd street and Governor street). On the 4th lap we will race from the Libby KOM start to the lap finish line on the 4th (and last) lap.

A complicated description follows, but all you have to remember for the first 3 laps is:
1) Go at least as fast as the ride leader up the hills
2) Stay in the ride leader’s group everywhere else

Each time we hit the hills, the ride leader will act as a back marker, riding a steady pace, then dropping back to the base pace at the top.
Other riders are welcome to go as hard as they want on the hills, just soft pedal after the top until the ride leader sweeps them up.
The base pace will increase after the start/finish line on each lap as follows

Initial roll out 2.0 w/kg to the Libby Hill KOM start
Lap 1 3.6 w/kg on the Hills, regroup at 2.6 w/kg base pace after start/finish banner
Lap 2 3.8 w/kg on the Hills, regroup at 2.8 w/kg base pace after start/finish banner
Lap 3 4.0 w/kg on the Hills, regroup at 3.0 w/kg base pace after start/finish banner
Lap 4 flat out from the Libby Hill KOM start, no regroup, it’s a race to the finish

Inevitably, some riders will go off the front from the gun. Don’t be one of them.

We use discord for voice. Join us on the "MRC FMR Zwift event" channel: https://discord.gg/mjN93h2
Route: Richmond Hilly
-Chris Busick
jraguin
Tête de la course

Re: Zwift vFMR Richmod 12/8/2017

Post by jraguin »

Not sure I will make it this week at 6:15 AM. Is this only MRC people or is it open to anyone to join? I noticed you posted the discord publically.
cbusick
Tête de la course

Post by cbusick »

It's open to everyone, the more the merrier. I think we had more 545 guys than MRC a couple times last year.

We have a public and private discord channel. This is the public one.
-Chris Busick
ahamilton
Tête de la course

Post by ahamilton »

cbusick wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 pm We have a public and private discord channel. This is the public one.
For some reason I could not join the private channel last time it was being used. Oversight, or not-so-subtle hint? :-)

Can't make today's ride - leaving for a foreign country in a few minutes.
cbusick
Tête de la course

Post by cbusick »

Alan, that is strange since initially I'd configured you as an administrator on the discord account. I added you again to the private channel last night. Have a good trip
-Chris Busick