coonamesset farm ecocross

Race reports
ppereira
Domestique

coonamesset farm ecocross

Post by ppereira »

Beautiful morning for this race, a low key event in comparison to Northampton (I'd imagine, I haven't done it yet!). I did the 4/5 field with Chris Mitchell and Varoujan, and somehow got staged in the 2nd row (they seemed to use reg order rather than crossresults). Hoped not to squander the good positioning, and got off to a good start up the initial start hill, soon to be passed by Chris, and I just try to hold on to this initial lead group as long as I could. I started to lose contact after a run-up and it became a race where I was gradually losing spots along the way (I think being overdressed was affecting my performance), usually i'm the one picking people off! I knew it wasn't exactly my day when three guys I routinely beat finished ahead of me. If the legs were firing correctly, and especially if the technique wasn't sloppy, perhaps I'd get lucky and get top 10? I was hoping for top 15, got 18th/43, not bad, but I definitely left too much on the table. It's funny, at the beginning of the season I thought I'd be totally happy with midpack staging and finish, but now that I got a taste of being a little higher and a glimpse at some potential I'm becoming a lot less satisfied. Definitely something to motivate me over the next year!