KT CRATTY CHALLENGE

Race reports
Briana
Chasseur

KT CRATTY CHALLENGE

Post by Briana »

Not really a "race" but certainly an epic adventure that deserves a proper ride report that I don't have time for right now. If only Peter Kuhn was there to document this event with a pic story.

I will start, maybe someone else can chime in with more details.

Friday night after a couple beers there was talk about doing the MRC KT 50 at an average speed of 10mph. It was all talk until a high stakes roller offered up a $20 bet. The attitudes quickly changed, laptops, compasses, scales, theodolites, and levels appeared and the updated mapping session began. Some time in the late hours a new course map was released in an e-mail with a little bit of trash talk as well.

About 12 riders started at 9:00, we were off to a reasonable pace when........
Last edited by Briana on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Anderson
Jacob
Peloton

Re: KT CRATTY CHALLENGE

Post by Jacob »

I just googled theodolites.
JeremyC
Maillot Jaune

Re: KT CRATTY CHALLENGE

Post by JeremyC »

.......At 10am the 1st Annual Cratty Chill Ride departed, a 30-"Smile" ride from the Tiki Bar. Nobody was dropped (ok that's not true), glorious Burritos were consumed, descents were smashed, ascents were savored and fine craft-beers were consumed afterwards. Nobody rolled around in the grass with cramps afterwards (except maybe Tom Coleman). A finer spectacle has ever been witnessed during an MRC group ride.