Barn Burner Elite 40-49 5th

Race reports
Briana
Chasseur

Barn Burner Elite 40-49 5th

Post by Briana »

I'm looking for a quick break from work so here it is.

The Barn Burner course was very similar to 2017 but in the reverse direction. I'm not sure which direction I like better, both are similar, fast and fun. It was super hot and the 23 man field was stacked.

I got a front row start which was nice, settled into about 5th place and was passed by two guys dive bombing the bottleneck as we were about to head from the field into the woods. I dropped back a couple spots.

Came around for the second lap in 5th or 6th maybe, there was a guy standing in front of my bottle stand, he moved quickly, I dropped my bottle, he picked it up and handed it to me which was helpful but I think Brian Hughes got by me in that debacle.

I quickly got by Hughes as he cracked hard due to the heat he was getting the chills, that can't be good. I caught up to Amos Brumble and we traded spots through out lap 2. I was in front of him heading into the woods on laps 3 when I got a vine wrapped around my cassette and had a bit of an auto shifting thing going on. I stopped to take care of that and Amos was long gone, I never caught back up to him.

I ended up finishing 5th, (I beat Vlad Capka isn't he the MRC MTB nemesis) I was happy with that considering the 4 in front of me were Roger Aspholm, John Foley, Endras Pechin and Amos Brumble.

On to Cross Season :D

Brian A.
Brian Anderson
cbusick
Tête de la course

Re: Barn Burner Elite 40-49 5th

Post by cbusick »

Nice job Brian. Beating Vlad is all that matters. Congratulations!!!
-Chris Busick
pace21
Maillot Jaune

Post by pace21 »

Actually, beating your MRC teammates is all that matters lol. But beating Vlad is the next best thing
chrismitchell
Domestique

Post by chrismitchell »

Nice Brian! Crushing it out there!