Nutmeg State Games Crit

Race reports
eboos
Peloton

Nutmeg State Games Crit

Post by eboos »

Cat 4

The goal here was to stay within the front 10 or so. With 58 racers, this was going to be a tight field. I didn't get the best of starts and I saw that my plan was not going particularly well. However, there was plenty of room to move around it turned out. By about lap 5 I found myself in the position that I wanted to be in. Then around lap 8 stupidity took over and I did a full gas chase to catch a break. Doing so, I towed the field behind me, and blew up a bit and drifted back towards the rear. For a moment while needing to recover, I found myself in danger of being dropped. I got back on, and within a lap I was good to go. On the back of the course between the two left handers on the hill, twice I almost got taken out. Since I was unable to speak I just let out a "Ahg!" Not the most eloquent, but it got the message across. With 2 to go, I got back up towards the front and the pace really quickened. Unfortunately I left nothing for the sprint, and bleed a few positions. 44/58 - pack finish. 26.5 mph average pace :shock: